Computerized Oral Bagrut Test
**Teachers are not allowed to use the COBE Bagrut as a Tirgul (practice) or Matkonet because once the students go into the program with their ID number then it counts as their Bagrut. Teachers may use the simulation on the day it is broadcast as a Matkonet. (posted August, 2021)
- Ministry of Education Moodle Platform "הכנה לבגרות בעל פה באנגלית -Preparation for COBE" (posted March 2021)
- COBE Online Learning Broadcast Lesson Part 1
- COBE Online Learning Broadcast Lesson Part 2
Practice Material from Pre-2020 Format
- Teacher Practice Material (posted December 2020)
- Suggested Practice for the COBE with the Listening Comprehension (posted December 2020)
- Old Format Simulations for Practicing Speaking
- 2019 Simulation of the Computerized Oral Bagrut Exam
- Answer Keys for the COBE Simulations for December 2019 and January, February and March 2020. (posted March 2020)
- Answer Key for the 2019 Simulation Exam (it states 2018 but it's the same AK for 2019) (posted February 2019)
The project connected to the oral bagrut (COBE) is still a mandatory component for the exam. Students must do a project so they can speak about it on Part B of the exam. – Students CANNOT have their projects, any material or supplies with them in testing room. (posted September 2020)
- The yearly (shnati) grades for the COBE are to be reported on the
Manbasnet/Mashov no later than 48 hours prior to the COBE. In most schools this is done by the Bagrut secretary. There is NO need to write the COBE grades (updated: October 2019)
- The easy way to check COBE Matkonot 2021 by Adele Raemer (posted April 2021)
- Answer Keys for the COBE Simulations 2021 E Pilot - 016486/016586 (posted January 2021)
Answer Keys for the COBE Simulations 2021 - 016487/016587 Haredi Pictures (posted January 2021)
Answer Keys for the COBE Simulations 2021 - 016487/587
Answer Keys for the COBE Simulations 2021 - 016487/587 Haredi sector (updated January 2021)
- Adapting the English Bagrut to Corona Times (changes are highlighted in yellow) (posted April 2020)
- COBE Teachers’ Made Materials This material has NOT BEEN checked - before you use please make sure that all the information and materials on this page match the official ministry documents of the COBE 2020
(posted August 2019)
- Letter to Principals (posted October 2019)
- Clip - Guided tour COBE (posted October 2019)
3 Point Face-to-Face Oral Exam
- Rubric for Assessing Oral Social Interaction (posted February 2020)
- 13 form (posted February 2020)
- Form - Project Topics for the F2F Oral Bagrut Exam
Guidelines for Testers
Your role as a tester is extremely important. Please read the following guidelines carefully. Proper preparation will ensure that the testing experience will be positive for both the pupils and the testers.
Study the official grading scales. Know which level of proficiency each grade represents.
Before testing the pupil, the tester must check the pupil's ID card.
Refer to the form Project Topics in order to be acquainted with the topic of the project that the pupil will present.
Assess the pupils’ levels according to the grading scales. Do not compare the level of any pupil or of the whole group to your own class.
Keep a cheerful and positive attitude, no matter how the pupils perform. They should leave the room with the feeling that they have done well.
Give the pupils time to collect their thoughts. Do not rush them into answering.
Make sure that the pupil does the talking!
Before the pupil begins to talk about his/her project, check the topic of the project on the list that was given to you by the teacher prior to the exam.
Pay attention to the length of the exam. Do not keep any pupil for more than 12 minutes. You might find it helpful to have a small clock on the table to keep you aware of the time. Extension of time makes those waiting outside impatient and nervous and disrupts the day’s schedule.
Be sensitive to the pupils. Most of them are quite nervous. Remember that they have worked hard and want to succeed.
Good luck to you and the pupils you test!