Performance TasksBack to Top
To teachers in elementary and junior high schools
You can now access the banks of performance-based tasks for assessing pupils' achievement of the benchmarks at the foundation and intermediate levels directly from the Internet. The banks provide you with samples of tasks (including rubrics) that can be used in the classroom, either "as are" or through adaptation. They may also serve as models for designing your own tasks. Incorporating these tasks into existing assessment procedures enables you to widen the spectrum of methods of assessment and enhances feedback regarding both process and product of language learning.
Before working with the banks it is recommended you carefully read the introduction and general guidelines.
You will find links to both banks by clicking here.
Oral KitBack to Top
The National Authority for Measurement and Evaluation in Education (RAMA) in conjunction with the English Inspectorate has developed a kit for assessing speaking in English in junior high school – Assessing Speaking in English (ASK). The ASK kit is designed in accordance with the National English Curriculum and is to be used for assessing and teaching the relevant benchmarks in the Domains of Social Interaction and Presentation at the intermediate level. The central component of the ASK kit is a wide range of performance tasks and checklists for assessing each benchmark. Also included in the ASK kit are suggestions for instructional activities which may be used either prior to or following assessment. Teachers making effective use of this kit will contribute to students' speaking ability. A printed version of the ASK kit will be delivered to schools next year. ASK kit.
Please feel free to contact your inspector if you have any problems and/or queries related to effective use of the ASK kit.
General InformationBack to Top
- Assessing Speaking Kit (ASK Kit) for Junior High (posted May 2021)
- Link to Diagnostic Test for the 7th Grade (posted May 2021)
- National Online Broadcast Lessons for JH & HS (posted April 2020)
- Evaluation for the beginning of JH (posted August 2020):
Diagnostic Tool Online for Distance Learning:
Writing Tasks for Diagnostic Tool
Administering the Diagnostic Tool for 7th Grade Online
Diagnostic Test for 7th-8th Grades: Hebrew | Arabic
Karens Diagnostic Test Results
Booklet for evaluators 2020
Listening Tracks Texts
- We are happy to offer a new program for the 8th and 9th grades called G2G: Generation to Generation. Click here for more details. (posted July 2018)
- In order to ensure that pupils have maximum exposure to English, hours for English studies should be spread out over the week. English should not be taught twice on the same day.
- In elementary school, there should be no double hours of English.
In high school, double hours of English should only be scheduled once a week.