Learners at the Foundation Level learn how to:
- organize and present ideas and information in writing about personal topics.
- use appropriate vocabulary and accurate grammar for this level.
- present information on limited content, supported by visual aids.
- express a personal reaction to the content of something read, seen, or heard, using the appropriate higher-order thinking skills for this level.
- describe people, places, things, events, and personal experiences in familiar settings.
- design a means for collecting information, such as a simple questionnaire and list the results.
- use digital media tools, such as online word processors, presentation creation tools, and simple Web 2.0 tools.
- use given criteria, such as a checklist/rubric to prepare presentations.